Introduction to single-cell RNA-seq data analysis workshop (2023)
Note: In 2023, some workshops will be taught in person and others will be online via Zoom.
ONLINE Workshop dates and times:
Friday, February 10th: 9:30 AM - 12 PM
Tuesday, February 14th: 9:30 AM - 12 PM
Friday, February 17th: 9:30 AM - 12 PM
Instruction will be mostly learner-centric, requiring a time commitment between the workshop sessions!
This hands-on workshop will instruct participants on how to design a single-cell RNA-seq experiment, and how to efficiently manage and analyze the data starting from count matrices. This will be a hands-on workshop in which we will focus on using the Seurat package in R.
This is one of our advanced workshops, and requires registrants to have attended the following Basic workshop offered by our training team in the last 6-8 months:
I am fluent in R but have not attended the HBC prerequisite workshop, can I still register?
Yes, you can register AND please do the following:
- Complete the registration first
- Then email us directly at email@example.com with a description of your knowledge/experience. Failure to do this step may prevent you from being accepted into this advanced workshop.
Who should attend?
Eligible* Harvard researchers who want to learn:
- How to design a single-cell RNA-seq experiment
- How to use the Seurat package to analyze single-cell RNA-seq count matrices
- How to compute and assess QC metrics at every step in the workflow
- How to cluster cells based on expression data and derive the identity of the different cell types present
- How to combine samples within a dataset, and across datasets using Integration
There is a non-refundable and non-transferable $65 registration fee for this advanced workshop.
We will be accepting 25 participants on a first-come, first-served basis:
- If you are one of the first 25 eligible* registrants, you will receive an email within 1 week with a link to pay the (non-refundable & non-transferable) $65 registration fee.
- If you are not among the first 25 eligible* registrants, you will be added to the waitlist and notified when we open registration for the next iteration of this workshop.
NOTE: You will not have a reserved seat for this workshop until you pay the registration fee. Please make sure you pay within the time stated in that email, else you will lose your spot to someone on the waitlist.
Please make sure you take the following into account when signing up for the workshop:
- Mandatory attendance for all three classes.
- 2-3 hours of reading and exercises from selected lessons before each workshop sessions.
- Active participation during discussion sessions.
(Please check the eligibility requirements below prior to registering)
*To be eligible to attend this workshop you should fulfill at least one of the following criteria:
- Harvard Medical School researcher in a lab on the Quad, with grants administered by HMS Gordon Hall
- Harvard School of Dental Medicine researcher, with grants administered by HMS Gordon Hall
- Graduate student at the Harvard Medical School
- Researcher affiliated with the Dana-Farber / Harvard Cancer Center (DF/HCC).
If you are unsure of your eligibility, please register anyway and we will get back to you.
NOTE: We do not record our training sessions.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.